Yes, Pomeranians can eat broccoli as long as it’s free from seasoning and added oils. You can serve it in cooked or raw form, but it should always be given in small quantities as the florets contain isothiocyanates, which can be responsible for gastric irritation in dogs. Although Pomeranians don’t need any fruits or vegetables for their healthy life, the occasional treats can benefit them.
Broccoli is a suitable treat for them as its high in fiber, vitamin C, and low in fat. Ensure that their daily broccoli amount is not more than 10% of their intake. Officially, it’s considered non-toxic to dogs as long as they don’t eat too much. So if your dog snatches a small piece of broccoli and ingests it, don’t take him to the vet as it’s completely safe. Let’s see some benefits of broccoli.
Benefits of eating Broccoli for Pomeranians
Broccoli Nutritional Facts
Broccoli contains many healthy nutrients, including protein, carbohydrate, fiber, iron, potassium, sodium, and vitamin C, which help your dog to grow healthy. The 100g of broccoli contains 24kcal energy with 0g fat content.
Broccoli Health Benefits
Broccoli is a great source of vitamins and nutrients, just like celery, making it a great food choice for dogs. One of its main benefits is heart healing, which is very crucial to living a long, active, and healthy life. Other health benefits of broccoli include improved bone strength and boosted immune system. But as mentioned above, the important thing is to feed the broccoli in moderation.
PREPARING THE BROCCOLI FOR POMERANIAN
You can’t simply pick any rough broccoli to offer Pomeranian. It can be hazardous for them in many ways as it also contains harmful ingredients. Follow the below steps to offer a perfect broccoli treat to your dog.
- Choose organic broccoli as it lowers the risk of your dog’s exposure to pesticides. It’s equally beneficial for the earth and all the living things.
- Always wash the veggies before preparing them. Ensure to wash out all the germs as these are handled by many people during their journey.
- Avoid the seasonings when you are preparing the veggies for your dog. The dog’s stomach can’t handle the intense flavors.
- Dogs can eat both cooked and raw broccoli. Steam broccoli is one of the best ways to serve cooked broccoli.
- Broccoli is a great treat for the dogs to get something healthy that they love. It’s only recommended as a treat or alongside a staple meal. But it’s important that they are getting a well-balanced diet. They need a variety of nutrients and vitamins, just like humans.
Pomeranians can eat broccoli, so feel free to serve them as long as it’s free from seasoning and added oils. It contains many healthy nutrients, which help your dog to grow healthy. It also improves their bone strength and boosts their immune system. Make sure to serve it in moderation. Please go through the serving guidelines mentioned above if you want to feed perfect broccoli to your Pomeranian.